- Our School
- School Information
- College and Career Center
- Academic & Support Services
- Master Calendar
Sign up to take the ASVAB Career Exploration Assessment, a FREE tool to help students discover their career aptitudes, interests and strengths then map out post-secondary plans for success.
Email Mrs. Desmangles to SIGN UP at email@example.com
WHEN: October 20, 2021
WHERE: River City High School in F-Commons
WHO: 10th, 11th, and 12th Graders
CHOOSING A COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY
California State University (CSU)
University of California (UC)
Private College and University
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
College and Career Center
Request for a work permit application & instructions
REQUESTING A WORK PERMIT
- You can find in-depth information about student work laws here on the state's Dept. of Industrial Relations page.
- The student/minor, after obtaining a promise of employment, must print out and complete the “Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor & Request for a Permit”, also known as the CDE B1-1 form. This form must be completed and signed by the employer, the student and a Parent/Guardian.
- Next, return the completed CDE B1-1 form to Mrs. Desmangles at the school's Academic Counseling Office, located in the Administration Building (Bldg. A). Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a time to drop off the CDE B1-1 form in exchange for a validated Work Permit. The school will keep a copy and you will take the second copy to your employer, both copies must be signed by you, the student.
A:Yes. As a condition of issuance, the local district, school, or work permit issuer may reduce maximum work hours and impose additional occupational restrictions not specified in statute or regulation. The authorized work permit issuer does not have discretion to extend hours beyond the maximum specified in statute or waive any occupational restrictions
Q: Does a student have to present his/her Social Security card to school authorities when applying for a work permit?
A: No. The work permit application (CDE Form B1-1) and work permit (CDE Form B1-4) shall contain, among other information, the name, address, telephone number, and Social Security number of the minor (EC sections 49115 and 49163). The statutes do not specify that the card itself must be presented, only the number.
Q: Is my work permit job specific?
A: Yes. Every time you get a new job, you need a new work permit.
WELCOME TO THE COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you” – B.B. King
Career Information Specialist
Should you have questions regarding college admission, career exploration, miliary options, work permits, part-time jobs, career assessment tests or paid summer internships, please contact Mrs. Desmangles via email at email@example.com or call 916-375-7800 ext. 2061
SERVICE LEARNING information
- Service Learning questions can be referred to Assistant Principal Noe Guerra via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students should turn in all Service Learning paperwork, current and previous year's paperwork, to the correct boxes in the Assistant Principals office as soon as the hours have been completed. You do NOT have to wait for the due date deadline.
- If you do not complete service learning hours for previous years, you may be ineligible to play a sport and/or obtain a work permit.
START HERE to find your service learning match!
Yolo County: Non-Profit Organizations with volunteer opportunities
NPOs in Yolo County (Davis, West Sacramento, and Woodland) and contact phone numbers
VolunteerMatch: The Best Volunteer Opportunities in West Sacramento
Filter search by cause, skills, distance, and other variables
City of Sacramento: Youth Volunteer Directory
Detailed information about volunteer opportunities, sorted by interest area