- Our School
- School Information
- College and Career Center
- Academic & Support Services
- Master Calendar
Sign up to take the ASVAB Career Exploration Assessment, a FREE tool to help students discover their career aptitudes, interests and strengths then map out post-secondary plans for success.
Email Mrs. Desmangles to SIGN UP at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE: River City High School
WHO: 10th, 11th, and 12th Graders
CHOOSING A COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY
California State University (CSU)
University of California (UC)
Private College and University
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
WELCOME TO THE RIVER CITY HIGH SCHOOL COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
last day to request a work permit for the summer is may 25, 2022 ***during sUMMER BREAK students MUST obtain a Work Permit AT The District office located at 930 WESTACRE Road, west sacramento, CA.
- Once a student finds a job a work permit is required unless they are 18 years of age or have completed high school
- Print work permit application. and complete Student and Parent sections including the social security number.
- Have your Employer complete their section
- Drop off the completed and signed Work Permit Application form to the Counseling Office.
- You will be notified when the Official Work Permit is complete (within 2-3 days).
- Return it to your employer.
- Maintain 2.0 GPA, including no failing classes, and good attendance to keep your permit active. This still applies to the Distance Learning model.
A:Yes. As a condition of issuance, the local district, school, or work permit issuer may reduce maximum work hours and impose additional occupational restrictions not specified in statute or regulation. The authorized work permit issuer does not have discretion to extend hours beyond the maximum specified in statute or waive any occupational restrictions
Q: Does a student have to present his/her Social Security card to school authorities when applying for a work permit?
A: No. The work permit application (CDE Form B1-1) and work permit (CDE Form B1-4) shall contain, among other information, the name, address, telephone number, and Social Security number of the minor (EC sections 49115 and 49163). The statutes do not specify that the card itself must be presented, only the number.
Q: Is my work permit job specific?
A: Yes. Every time you get a new job, you need a new work permit.
CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE!
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
Career and college Information
Should you have questions regarding college admission, college tours, career assessment tools, work permits, part-time jobs, paid summer internships or how to contact miliary recruiters please contact Mrs. Desmangles via email at email@example.com or call 916-375-7800 ext. 2061. If you do not see what you are looking for on this website please ask.
SERVICE LEARNING information
- Service Learning questions can be referred to Assistant Principal Noe Guerra via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students should turn in all Service Learning paperwork, current and previous year's paperwork, to the correct boxes in the Assistant Principals office as soon as the hours have been completed. You do NOT have to wait for the due date deadline.
- If you do not complete service learning hours for previous years, you may be ineligible to play a sport and/or obtain a work permit.
START HERE to find your service learning match!
Yolo County: Non-Profit Organizations with volunteer opportunities
NPOs in Yolo County (Davis, West Sacramento, and Woodland) and contact phone numbers
VolunteerMatch: The Best Volunteer Opportunities in West Sacramento
Filter search by cause, skills, distance, and other variables
City of Sacramento: Youth Volunteer Directory
Detailed information about volunteer opportunities, sorted by interest area