- Academic Teams
- Mock Trial
- Academic Decathlon
- RCHS Esports
- Class of 2023
- Curricular Clubs
- Extra-Curricular Clubs
- Foster Youth Incorporated
- Mental Health Resources
- Service Learning
- Student Governance
- Student Hub
- Raider Reporters
- Academic Teams
4‐H Youth Development Program
Description: There is something for everyone in our programming. Whether it be taking responsibility of an animal or teaching children at an environmental science camp, the goal of our programming to help young people to discover and develop their potential, and grow into competent, contributing, and caring citizens.
Volunteer Opportunities: Youth Camp Counselors for 4-H On the WILD Side Camp; Teen Teacher for the 4-H Youth Experiences in Science Program
- Min Age: 14 with parental consent
- Contact: Marianne Bird
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone:(916) 875‐6811
- Address: 4145 Branch Center Road Sacramento, CA 95827
- Website: cesacramento.ucanr.edu/4H/
- Social Media: On the WILD Side Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/onthewildsidecamp
- 4-H Youth Experiences in Science Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/4HYESProgram
- Prerequisite: Application
*Boys & Girls Club of Sacramento
Description: Provides youth with a safe environment to participate in positive and fun activities. Our staff and volunteers dedicate themselves to help young people set and reach their goals.
Volunteer Opportunities: Assist with power hour (Homework), one-on-one tutoring, reading with children, math tutoring, recreation sports leagues, organize group games, enrichment: art, music, dance, science, technology, and engineering. Share special talents and community relationships.
- Min. Age: High school (prefer mature youth, 18+)
- Contact: N/A
- Email: N/A
- Phone: (916) 392-1350
- Address: Volunteer Opportunities at multiple sites (please see website)
- Website: www.bgcsac.org/index.php/volunteer
- Prerequisites: Online application
Hands and Feet Homework Club
Description: Serves K-12th grade residents of low-income apartment complexes with after school homework help, reading and math intervention, and enrichment activities such as arts and crafts, cooking projects, science projects, guest speakers, sports and holiday gatherings.
Volunteer Opportunities: Many different opportunities available
- Min. Age: N/A (under age of 18 need guardian signature)
- Contact: Sharon Thurmond
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 419-3711
- Address: 41 Port Henley, Sacramento CA 95835
- Website: sites.google.com/site/empoweringthefutureorg/empowering-the-future
- Prerequisites: Fill out application, contact Sharon to set up time to meet, fingerprinting required
No Youth Left Behind Foundation of America
Description: A non-profit that provides youth with academic and job skills support.
Volunteer Opportunities: Tutoring assistance in all subjects
- Min. Age: None
- Contact: Carroll Cooks
- Email: N/A
- Phone: (916) 476-3489
- Address: 3958 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Sacramento CA 95820
- Website: icareeducation.org/home.html
- Prerequisites: Please contact Carroll Cooks
Description: Provides after school literacy, arts, fitness and nutrition focused programs in elementary schools in the city and county of Sacramento.
Volunteer Opportunities: Middle and high school students and adults are welcome to help with homework, mentoring, creative arts, sports, fitness, nutrition, gardening and other activities.
- Min Age: Middle school and up
- Contact: Cecilia Jacquez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 916‐808‐6156
- Address: 5735 47TH Avenue Sacramento, CA
- Website: www.sacstart.org
- Prerequisites: Application
Description: The GreenHouse is a non-profit, 501c3 organization offering after-school tutoring, mentoring, spiritual development, and leadership development for under-resourced youth.
Volunteer Opportunities: Help at-risk youth reach proficiency in school through tutoring, enrichment workshops, and building relationships in our after-school programming for 1st-6th grade (M,W,F 3:00-5:30) or 7th-12th grade (T, Th 3:30-5:30). Minimum commitment is once a week for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Min Age: 16
- Contact Person: Emily Mazzariello, Volunteer Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 970-218-0771
- Address: 2201 Northview Dr. Sacramento, CA 95833
- Website: www.thegreenhousecenter.org
- Social Media: Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/The-GreenHouse/129418263826727
- Prerequisite: Six-month commitment, interview, application and finger printing.
WIND Youth Services
Description: Engages homeless or at-risk youth who need safety from the streets and provides access to resources that help them move from crisis to healthy-functioning independence.
Volunteer Opportunities: Tutoring, answering phones, preparing hygiene packs. Help with special events during holidays, such as preparing food baskets or helping in the kitchen.