- Stress Management
- Academic Teams
- Mock Trial
- Academic Decathlon
- RCHS Esports
- Curricular Clubs
- Extra-Curricular Clubs
- Student Governance
- Foster Youth Incorporated
- Service Learning
- Seniors/Class of 2022
50+ Wellness Program
Description: Provides information on health and wellness in the greater Sacramento area as well as offering programs to promote health and vitality for adults age 50+.
Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteers assist in the “2014 Sports for Life!” Tournament will be held Saturday April 26th and Sunday April 27th. Typical duties include event set up and take down, athlete check‐in, distributing participant t‐shirts, replenishing refreshments, serving lunch, and customer service.
- Min Age: 16
- Contact: Pat Goree‐Richards, 50+ Wellness Program Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 916‐808‐1593
- Address: E. Hart Senior Center 915 27th Street Sacramento, CA 95816
- Website: www.cityofsacramento.org/parksandrecreation
- Prerequisites: None
Asian Community Center
Description: Promotes the general welfare and enhances the quality of life for our community by identifying, developing, and providing culturally sensitive health and social services for older adults.
Volunteer Opportunities: Mailing, office support, activities assistant, special events/ fundraisers
- Min Age: 15 (Escort position‐ min 16 yrs old). Volunteers under 15 years of age may be accepted for some positions but will require the company of a parent/legal guardian.
- Contact: Khonnie Lattasima, Volunteer Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 394-6399 x143
- Address: 7311 Greenhaven Drive # 187, Sacramento, CA 95831
- Social Media: Facebook www.facebook.com/accsv
- Website: www.accsv.org
- Prerequisite: Volunteer orientation (plus training or orientation depending on position)
Eskaton Home Support Network
Description: Eskaton is Northern California’s leading provider for innovative health, housing and social opportunities for older adults.
Volunteer Opportunities: Available at multiple locations. Assist with games, arts and crafts, visit with residents, work events or share your talents such as singing or playing an instrument.
- Min Age: Each community varies on age, but most have opportunities for volunteers younger than 18 years old.
- Contact: Linda Whiteside
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 916-334-1072, ext. 11114
- Address: 8525 Madison Ave. Suite 150 Fair Oaks, CA 95628
- Website: www.eskaton.org
- Prerequisites: Volunteer application and orientation
Folsom Care Center (previously known as Folsom Convalescent Hospital)
Description: Specializes in making the elderly feel important and cared for with dignity.
Volunteer Opportunities: Activities with the residents, including: reading, art projects, accompanying them on trips (zoo, etc.)
- Min. Age: 12
- Contact: Gloria Jorden
- Email: N/A
- Phone: (916) 985-3641
- Address: 510 Mill Street, Folsom CA 95630
- Website: folsomcarecenter.com/
- Prerequisites: Online application
Description: Skilled nursing facility providing 24‐hour care for the elderly.
Volunteer Opportunities: Assist with activities, arts and crafts, bingo, and socialize with seniors
- Min Age: 16
- Contact: Sandra Bichko, Activity Director
- Phone: (916) 782‐3188
- Email: N/A
- Address: 310 Oakridge Drive Roseville, CA 95661
- Website: www.oakridgehealthcare.net
- Prerequisites: Application
Triple “R” Adult Day Center
Description: Provides respite for caregivers, recreation for seniors with memory loss and resources for families.
Volunteer Opportunities: Activities include games, crafts, cooking, music, dancing,
walks, exercise; Visit with the clients and provide companionship.
- Minimum Age: 14
- Contact: Nina Moran
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 808‐8375
- Address: Triple‐R has three locations: Midtown, Greenhaven, & North Sacramento
- Website: www.tripler.org
- Prerequisite: Application; Ongoing volunteers must do a TB test.
VolunCare at Bruceville Terrace
Description: Dedicated to improving the life for residents in a skilled nursing facility.
Volunteer Opportunities: Socialize with the residents: read, do activities, be a caring friend
- Min. Age: 15 (17 and younger need parent signature)
- Contact: George
- Email: N/A
- Phone: (916) 423-6155
- Address: 8151 Bruceville Road, Sacramento 95823
- Website: hospitals.dignityhealth.org/sacramento/Pages/hospitals/methodist-hospital-of-sacramento/Methodist-Hospital-of-Sacramento.aspx
- Prerequisites: Pick up application at Methodist Hospital (located at 7500 Hospital Drive, Sacramento 95823)