- Academic Teams
- Mock Trial
- Academic Decathlon
- RCHS Esports
- Class of 2023
- Curricular Clubs
- Extra-Curricular Clubs
- Foster Youth Incorporated
- Mental Health Resources
- Service Learning
- Student Governance
- Student Hub
- Raider Reporters
- Academic Teams
CREATING A STRONG COMMUNITY
American Red Cross
Description: The Red Cross is a humanitarian organization led by volunteers who provide relief to victims of disaster and help people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
Volunteer Opportunities: Summer health fairs, information booths, teach emergency preparedness, community education and outreach.
- Min Age: 15 (14 and younger with adult)
- Contact Person: Heidi Elneil, Youth Services Coordinator
- Email: Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (530) 419 - 2095
- Address: 1565 Exposition Blvd Sacramento, CA 95815
- Website: www.redcross.org/ca/sacramento
- Social Media: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ARCGoldCountry/
- Twitter: @redcrosscrc
- Blog: capitalcrosswords.com
- Prerequisite: Online Application, Parental Consent Forms
City of Sacramento
Description: The City of Sacramento offers a variety of short-term and on-going volunteer opportunities for youth and teens.
Volunteer Opportunities: Animal care, parks clean-ups, after-school programs, special events
- Min Age: 12 (One-time events available for kids as young 5 yrs. old)
- Contact: Mary Lynn Perry, Volunteer Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 808‐8317
- Address: 915 I Street, Second Floor Sacramento, CA 95814
- Website: www.cityofsacramento.org/volunteers
- Prerequisites: Application (Waivers for onetime events)
Folsom Cordova Community Partnership
Description: Mobilizes and integrates resources that enhance the education, health and well-being of the children and families of our communities.
Volunteer Opportunities: Area 41- youth activities, safety net services, office work (preferably have some computer skills)
- Min. Age: 17
- Contact: Chris Clark
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 361-8684 x 281
- Address: 10665 Coloma Road, Rancho Cordova 95670
- Website: www.thefccp.org
- Prerequisites: Application and volunteer orientation
Description: Agency dedicated to helping parents and children with difficult life circumstances before problems become overwhelming.
Volunteer Opportunities: Tutoring in homework club (M-Th, 4- 6pm). Helping kids with reading, activities and special events.
- Min Age: 14
- Contact Person: Kelley Martinez
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 916-774-6802 x2002
- Address: 124 Main Street, Roseville, CA 95678
- Website: www.kidsfirstnow.org
- Social Media: Facebook – KidsFirst
- Twitter - @Kidsfirst1234
- Prerequisite: Application and orientation
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Description: Mission is to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking.
Volunteer Opportunities: Planning and organizing for special events, fundraising,
administrative, outreach/communications, work with local law enforcement and alcohol retailers, health fairs, and victim advocates.
- Minimum Age: 13 (exceptions can be made)
- Contact: Becky Wood, Youth Program Specialist
- Email: Becky.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 481‐6233 x109
- Address: 4629 Whitney Avenue #7 Sacramento, CA 95821
- Website: www.madd.org
- Prerequisite: Application with parent signature and orientation
Description: A Christian community center that serves families and individuals in crisis with love and mercy to meet their physical, emotional, educational, social and spiritual needs.
Volunteer Opportunities: Office work, maintenance, food closet, child care.
- Minimum Age: 14 (younger with adult)
- Contact: Karen Ames, Volunteer Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 983‐0658 x 204
- Address: 311 Market Street Folsom, CA 95630
- Website: www.phmfolsom.org
- Prerequisite: Please contact Karen in order to set up a time.
RAFT Sacramento (Resource Area for Teaching)
Description: RAFT Sacramento is a non-profit organization that believes that hands-on experiences are the best way for student to learn about math, science, engineering, technology and art. RAFT provides standards-based educational tools to educators to enrich learning in and out of the classroom at a significantly reduced rate.
Volunteer Opportunities: Packaging classroom kits, bagging newly arrived items, cutting strips of stickers, sorting books, pricing items, stocking shelves with donated materials
- Min Age: 14
- Contact Person: Ann Debien
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 916-640-1442
- Address: 3136 Howard Street, McClellan, CA 95652
- Website: www.raftsac.org
- Social Media: Facebook www.facebook.com/RAFTsac
- Prerequisite: N/A
Ronald McDonald House Charities NC
Description: Provides temporary housing to families who must travel to the Sacramento area to receive medical treatment for their seriously ill or injured child at any of the area hospitals.
- Outdoor Work Parties: Occurs on the second Saturday of every month (except December), from 9:30am-noon. Weeding, trim bushes, clean playground equipment and any other necessary tasks.
Min Age: None; 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
Prerequisite: Sign up in advance. Minors without adults must bring a signed waiver to volunteer.
- Teen Council – A leadership group that assists in events held at the House such as the Carnival, Outdoor Work Parties and the Holiday Party. Requirements and the application form are on our website www.rmhcnc.org.
Minimum Age: High School
Prerequisite: Approval by interview with Teen Council
- Office Assistant: Acts as the receptionist at front desk (evenings or weekends) – answering phones and greeting families.
- Min Age: 13
- Prerequisite: Attend a volunteer introduction, which is held twice a month, and fill out the volunteer application.
- Contact Person: Lois Polaschek
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 916-734-4226
- Address: 2555 49th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817
- Website: www.rmhcnc.org
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.): All
Sacramento Public Library
Description: Twenty eight community branches that deliver ideas, information and resources to help our community discover, learn and grow.
Volunteer Opportunities: Teen advisory board, tech docents, circulation assistants, program assistants, homework coaches, data entry and more.
- Minimum Age: Teenage
- Contact Person: Cathy
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 264‐2920
- Address: 828 I Street Sacramento, CA 95814 – CENTRAL Branch
- Website: www.saclibrary.org
- Prerequisites: Submit an Application (visit website). Teens require signature of legal guardian/parent before starting
Description: Dedicated to reducing preventable injuries and deaths to children through early awareness education.
Volunteer Opportunities: Stuffing envelopes, counting and sending out packets, computer tasks, verification phone calls, handing out information and working special events.
- Minimum Age: 16
- Contact: Mark A. Shelton
- Email: Mark@safetycenter.org
- Phone: (916) 438-3380
- Address: 3909 Bradshaw Road, Sacramento, CA 95827
- Website: www.safetycenter.org
- Prerequisites: Application
United Way, California Capital Region
Description: Building stronger, healthier, more compassionate communities in our region by partnering with local employers and nonprofits to improve people’s lives.
Volunteer Opportunities: We provide resources and referrals to groups looking for opportunities within the community and the five county region. We also offer several large scale individual volunteer opportunities several times throughout the year.