- Academic Teams
- Mock Trial
- Academic Decathlon
- RCHS Esports
- Class of 2023
- Curricular Clubs
- Extra-Curricular Clubs
- Foster Youth Incorporated
- IYT - Improve Your Tomorrow
- Mental Health Resources
- Raider Reporters
- Service Learning
- Student Governance
- Student Hub
- Academic Teams
Housing the Homeless
Braille and Talking Book Library
Description: Lends books in Braille, digital audio cartridge, retrospective titles on cassette tapes, and downloadable digital books to blind and otherwise print16 disabled people in 48 Northern California counties.
Volunteer Opportunities: Assist with book inspections, machine cleaning, data entry, shelving, pulling books, light computer work, checking books out.
- Min Age: 14
- Contact: Mike Marlin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 900 N Street Sacramento, CA 95814
- Phone: (916) 654‐0640
- Website: www.btbl.ca.gov
- Prerequisites: Application. Check for volunteer positions on our web site: library.ca.gov
California Council of the Blind
Description: CCB’s vision is that culture, laws, programs, and attitudes throughout California are inclusive of all people, especially persons who are blind or visually impaired.
Volunteer Opportunities: Office tasks such as shredding, mailing, typing Braille; reading for or running errands for the blind during Northern California Convention of the Blind
- Minimum Age: 16, must be accompanied by adult
- Contact: Office Staff
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Executive Office (916) 441‐2100 or (800) 221‐6359
- Address: 1303 J Street Suite 400, Sacramento CA 95814
- Website: www.ccbnet.org
- Prerequisites: None
Horses for Healing
Description: Dedicated to enhancing the physical and spiritual well‐being of special needs individuals and their loved ones through involvement with horses.
Volunteer Opportunities: Setting up games, cleaning up the arena, assisting at the gate, side‐walking with student, special events.
- Minimum Age: 14
- Contact: Rachelle Hobbs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (530) 887‐9573
- Address: 13355 Bell Brook Drive Auburn, CA 95602
- Website: www.horsesforhealing.org
- Prerequisites: Complete forms that can be found online and contact Rachelle via email when you plan to volunteer. Also, don’t forget to wear working shoes!
Lend a Heart Animal-Assisted Therapy
Description: An all-volunteer organization that provides animal-assisted therapy to children and seniors.
Volunteer Opportunities: Throughout the greater Sacramento area
- Min. Age: 10 with parent/guardian participation
- Contact: N/A
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: N/A
- Address: PO Box 60617, Sacramento CA 95860
- Website: lendaheart.org
- Prerequisites: Complete an application packet online
Project R.I.D.E. Inc.
Description: Project R.I.D.E. provides recreational therapeutic horseback riding instruction to people with special needs.
Volunteer Opportunities: Side walkers and leaders to assist directly in lessons, additional opportunities available
- Min Age:14
- Contact Person: Marisa DeSalles
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone:(916) 685-7433
- Address: 8840 Southside Ave. Elk Grove CA 95624
- Website: www.projectride.org
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.): (New) Facebook, Twitter
- Prerequisite: Attend training, held monthly
Ride To Walk
Description: Ride To Walk is a therapeutic riding program for individuals with disabilities. Our mission is to enhance the lives of children, young adults and adults with disabilities by providing innovative therapeutic horseback riding activities that are recreational in nature and adapted to the individual’s needs and abilities. Ride To Walk strives to provide a positive support system for individuals with disabilities, their parents/caregivers, and community.
Volunteer Opportunities: side-walker, horse grooming, horse leading, landscaping, fundraising
- Min Age: 16
- Contact Person: Tammy Allerdice, Office Manager
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 916-434-0693
- Address: 1630 Highway 193, Lincoln, CA 95648
- Website: www.ridetowalk.org/
- Social Media: Facebook
- Prerequisite: None
Special Olympics Northern California
Description: Special Olympics Northern California provides athletic opportunities to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, instilling the confidence they need to succeed in life.
Volunteer Opportunities: Timing, scorekeeping, lunch service, awards at competitions, assist coaches during practices, general office work.
- Min Age: 12, with adult supervision; 16+ without adult supervision
- Contact Person: Jeff Ruthenberg, Vice President of Regional Sports
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 916-375-1930, x207
- Address: 1401 Halyard Drive, Suite 100, West Sacramento, CA 95691
- Website: www.sonc.org
- Social Media: Facebook www.facebook.com/SONorCal, Twitter: @SONorCal
- Prerequisite: Application and online orientation.
Society for the Blind
Description: Empowers individuals who are blind or have low vision to live productively and independently by building confidence through training tools and mentorship.
Volunteer Opportunities: Reader program (Access News)- help read and record newspapers, magazines and books so clients can listen to publications by telephone
- Min. Age: 8th grade (will need parent supervision during orientation process)
- Contact: Robyn Crose, Volunteer Coordinator or Jacob Weaver, Access News coordinator
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 889-7518, (916) 889-7519
- Address: 1238 S Street, Sacramento 95811
- Website: www.societyfortheblind.org
- Prerequisites: Contact coordinator to set up meeting
Very Inspirational People (VIP)
Description: Provides opportunities for inspirational athletes with developmental disabilities.
Volunteer Opportunities: Work directly with athletes during sporting activities, assist with lunches, dinner and special events; Become a timer, coach, or score keeper.
- Min Age: 14
- Contact: Donna Adams
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 606‐5844
- Address: Varies during the seasons; Refer to website for location of events.
- Website: www.vipinfo.org
- Prerequisite: Please email to sign up.