- Mental Health Resources
- Academic Teams
- Mock Trial
- Academic Decathlon
- RCHS Esports
- Curricular Clubs
- Extra-Curricular Clubs
- Student Governance
- Foster Youth Incorporated
- Service Learning
- Seniors/Class of 2022
Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary
Description: A sanctuary for animals that cannot be returned back to the wild, with a commitment to educational and interpretive concepts, exhibits and programs that stress the intrinsic worth of every animal, as well as species.
Volunteer Opportunities: Zookeeper aid, animal care and grounds-keeper
- Min Age: 16
- Contact Person: Jill Lute
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 916-355-8306
- Address: 403 Stafford St. Folsom, CA 95630
- Website: Folsom Zoo Friends Website
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.): Facebook
- Prerequisite: Application. Previous animal care experience preferred, but not required.
Front Street Animal Shelter
Description: Operates the City of Sacramento's animal shelter, providing shelter and care to abandoned dogs, cats, rabbits, etc., with the goal of finding them a safe and nurturing home.
Volunteer Opportunities: Assist with shelter chores, special events, handling and exercising dogs
and cats, office work, adoption clinics and education
- Min Age: 12 with adult supervision
- Contact: Janice Wagaman, Volunteer Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 808‐8166
- Address: 2127 Front Street Sacramento, CA 95818
- Website: SAC Pets Search Website
- Prerequisites: Application and Orientation. Sign up online.
Description: Dedicated to protecting and improving the lives of homeless and abused animals. Needy animals are rescued, nurtured, and provided shelter and medical care (including spaying and neutering) before being placed in loving homes.
Volunteer Opportunities: Feed and water animals, socialize cats by talking and playing with them, brush and groom cats, set up cages for the arrival of foster cats and kittens, clean cages clean cages and litter boxes.
- Min Age: 12 (through age 17: part of Junior Program), 18+ as regular volunteer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 708-8235
- Address: 6001 Folsom Blvd Sacramento, CA 95819
- Website: Happy Tails
- Prerequisites: An orientation session is required prior to volunteering. Sign up online.
Homeward Bound Golden Retriever Rescue & Sanctuary, Inc.
Description: Securing safe, loving homes for displaced or homeless Golden Retrievers at a no-kill sanctuary.
Volunteer Opportunities: Administrative, bathing/grooming, walking, training, kennel cleaning, socializing animals, landscape/gardening.
- Min Age: 15
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 655-1410
- Address: 7495 Natomas Road, Elverta, CA 95626
- Website: Homeward Bound Goldens
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.): Homeward Bound Goldens
- Prerequisite: Please see requirements and fill out an application here
Description: Dedicated to improving the lives of animals and people through our programs and services, such as adoption, reunification, spaying/neutering, education, and more.
Volunteer Opportunities: Varied – described in detail on website
- Min Age: 13 with a parent or legal guardian working with them at all times; 18 + no guardian supervision
- Contact Person: Volunteer Program Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 916-782-7722 ext. 104
- Address: 150 Corporation Yard Road
- Website: Placer SPCA
- Prerequisite: Must attend training classes and commit to volunteering at least four (4) hours a month for a minimum of six (6) months after training is completed.
Description: Inspires appreciation, understanding and respect for all living things through stimulating education, wholesome recreation and innovative species management.
Summer Camp Counselor: Assist instructors with weeklong camp classes for children. Duties include crafts, games, enrichment activities, scavenger hunts, face painting, overnight camp programs, and more.
Zoo Teens: Zoo Teens are a group of 13 – 19 year olds interested in animals, the Earth, and our community who volunteer their time on weekends at The Sacramento Zoo. Zoo Teens will develop their own ideals, views, and passions, to help encourage zoo patrons to become better stewards of the Earth. Zoo Teens focus on educating the public about conservation, wildlife, and current events that affect the environment.
- Min Age: 15
- Contact: Sarah Musser, Teen Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 808-7709
- Address: 3930 Land Park Drive Sacramento, CA 95822
- Website: SAC Zoo
- Prerequisite: Summer Camp Counselor applications available February through April. Zoo Teen applications available mid-April through June.
Wildlife Care Association
Description: Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and release of local wildlife.
Volunteer Opportunities: Wildlife rehabilitation- Learn about nutrition, how to feed/medicate/ID animals, environmental enrichment and husbandry. Includes cleaning tasks. Prefer commitment of at least four hours a week during the slow season, and five hours a week during the summer for at least 40 hours.