- Academic Teams
- Mock Trial
- Academic Decathlon
- RCHS Esports
- Class of 2024
- Curricular Clubs
- Student Clubs
- Foster Youth Incorporated
- Mental Health Resources
- Raider Reporters
- Service Learning
- Student Activities
- Student Hub
- Academic Teams
Ms Goldman (email@example.com)
Ms Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Academic Decathlon is a national academic competition where students from all over compete in categories such as speech, interview, essay, and Super Quiz. USDA provides study guides for ALL the subjects.
Academic Decathlon is for ALL students at ALL levels. We meet weekly to prepare for competition in January/February.
United States Academic Decathlon Topics for 2021–2022!
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2021–2022 will be Water: A Most Essential Resource. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to marine biology.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be The Sea-Wolf by Jack London.
- ART: The art curriculum will explore the impact of water on art, including subtopics such as ink wash painting, watercolor, water as a subject of art, and the use of water in architecture, sculpture, and environmental art.
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will explore the many ways water has influenced music, from musical instruments that rely on water to compositions inspired by water.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science topic will be the impact of water on human history.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will include a thematic section on the economics of water.