- Our School
- College and Career Center
- Enroll Now
- Event Snapshots
- Information Hubs
- Master Calendar
- School Information
WASHINGTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT STRATEGIC PLAN
WASHINGTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT STRATEGIC PLAN BELIEFS
We believe that
- Education is the great equalizer which builds a community of high expectations.
- All individuals require community to thrive and build responsibility through participation and service.
- All individuals have ownership and responsibility for the success of the organization.
- Self-empowerment leads to motivation which is a critical component of success.
- All individuals are unique with distinct attributes that enrich all lives.
- All individuals deserve to be valued and respected.
- Self-reflection and personal improvement are essential because change is a condition of life.
- Ethical choices are vital for a healthy community.
- A purposeful balance of hard work and joy is essential to a healthy life.
The mission of Washington Unified School District,
the gateway to extraordinary possibilities,
is to challenge and support each student to develop effective critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills as a life-long learner acting in an ethical manner to serve a broader community
through a community of learners characterized by
- engaging learning experiences in safe, positive environments;
- highly-qualified, reflective and adaptive educators;
- a culture of innovation responsive to student needs and aspirations;
- a community promoting family involvement, strong partnerships, and school pride.
- Each student will develop their unique interests and talents to explore opportunities and solve problems effectively in an ever changing world.
- Each student will apply their knowledge and experience as ethical, responsible contributors to their community.
- Each student will find joy through their educational experience as they become independent and lifelong learners.
- We will create an individualized high-quality educational experience which addresses the unique needs of the whole child, while igniting a passion for learning.
- We will create a system of professional practice that incorporates strong collaboration, support, mentorship, development, and training for all educators, that is responsive to our changing community and world.
- We will unify our community in culturally sensitive ways to engage all members in the education of our students.
- We will make decisions based on what is best for students and their learning.
- We will treat all people with dignity and respect.
- We will focus our resources and efforts on fulfilling our mission and objectives.
- We will communicate clearly and honestly.
- We will act with integrity, responsibility, and accountability.
- We will move forward with positive attitudes, perseverance and hope.