- 2022-23 Course Catalog
- Bryte Campus
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- English Language Learners
- Physical Education
- Staying active at Home
- Makeup Assigments
- Physical Education Standards
- Education Code-Physical Education
- Social Science
- Special Education
- Visual and Performing Arts
- World Languages
- Independent Study
Bryte College and Career Training campus is River City High School's extension campus located in northern West Sacramento. The extension campus is noted for its popular Career Technical Education (CTE) programs in Culinary Arts, Ag Science - FFA, and Construction - BITA. Bryte CCT is located at 637 Todhunter Avenue in West Sacramento. You’re invited to visit Bryte CCT before school starts to check out the campus.
Washington Unified School District Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs prepare students by providing them with industry-specific knowledge and skills critical for successful employment in a wide range of high-wage, high-skill, and high-demand careers.
With the aid of local industry partners, many of our programs offer work-based learning opportunities including mentoring, guest speakers, job shadowing, and internships.
Each of our career and technical education pathways prepares students to enter employment directly following high school and/or prepares students to continue their educational and career goals in aligned programs at local colleges. In addition, our programs have been designed with regular input from advisory committee members who keep our programs relevant with up-to-date industry expectations and standards.
Combined with other academic offerings, students enrolled in Career Technical Education are able to meet UC/CSU A-G college entrance requirements as well as high school graduation requirements and career goals. In addition, several classes also get articulation credit with Los Rios Community College.
Links to programs:
- CTE Video: http://bit.ly/RCCTEvideo
- Ag Science https://rivercity.wusd.k12.ca.us/Academics/Departments/Career-Technical-Education-CTE/Farm-to-Fork-Agriscience-Academy/index.html
- Culinary https://rivercity.wusd.k12.ca.us/Academics/Departments/Career-Technical-Education-CTE/Culinary-Arts-Pathway/index.html
- Construction https://rivercity.wusd.k12.ca.us/Academics/Departments/Career-Technical-Education-CTE/Residential--Commercial-Construction-Pathway/index.html
Students will be transported between RCHS and Bryte by District bus. Please contact transportation for a bus schedule. Buses begin pickup at 6:45 am for transfer to Bryte.
Students typically attend the Bryte extension campus two periods a day and spend two periods a day at River City or Yolo Education Center. Students may attend morning classes at Bryte and then take the bus back to River City for their afternoon classes or attend morning classes at River City then take the bus to Bryte for afternoon classes.