Welcome to Mock Trial!
A mock trial is a simulated court trial that features students in the roles of attorneys, witnesses, court clerks, and bailiffs. Mock Trial is a competition with teams of nine to twenty students from approximately 25 area schools that study a hypothetical criminal case, conduct research and prepare for their day(s) in court. We practice two to three times per week in preparation for competition. Teams are scored by real attorneys on how effectively they present their case. The local tournament is in February; the state tournament is in March. County winners go on to state competition; state winners compete in a national Mock Trial in May. The local competition is sponsored by the Sacramento County Office of Education.
Mock Trial News
No news posted
Mock Trial Season Calendar Google Calendar
- Mock Trial Wiki - post your material here for all team members and coaches to access and comment. Email me if you didn't get an invitation to join. Be sure to include your name in the email, or I may not know who you are. No one gets access to the wiki who is not a member of the team.
- Case brief: People v Hayes
- The Case Packet People v Hayes -- password protected; you will need to see me for the password
- Forms and downloads from CRF (Errata, casebook, exhibits, handbooks, rules, forms)
- Team Rule Book
- Attorney/Judge Handbook
- CRF Mock Trial Facebook page!