2013-2014 Tentative Schedule
- Nov 20: FYI Fieldtrip to EOP Day, Sierra College, Rocklin, CA
- Dec 12: FYI Luncheon (12p – 1:10p, Career Center)
- Jan 30: FYI Luncheon (12p – 1:10p, Career Center)
- Mar 13: FYI Luncheon (12p – 1:10p, Career Center)
- Apr 10: FYI Luncheon (12p – 1:10p, Career Center)
- May 2, 3, 4: FYI Fieldtrip (Rafting and camping with Project GO, hopefully!)
- May 22: FYI Luncheon (12p – 1:10p, Career Center)
- TBD: FYI Fieldtrip to UC Davis Guardian Scholars Day
- TBD: FYI Fieldtrip to Sacramento STate
Foster Youth Incorporated (F.Y.I.) is a student group on campus for any students who are in the foster care system or who have been in it at any point during their teenage years, even if they are no longer in the system. In additino to foster youth, we also provide assistance for homeless students and student who qualify as unaccompanied youth. Our goal is to provide extra support for students who find themselves in sometimes difficult circumstances, including:
- School supplies
- Teacher support by assigning each student a mentor on campus
- Monthly/bi-monthly luncheons (with free pizza!) with guest speakers, activities, and a chance to hang out with other F.Y.I. students in a safe and supportive environment
- Field trips and awards for students who meet attendance and academic criteria
- Resources and information about general career, college, and financial aid information, and special resources specifically for students in the foster care system.
If you are a student who is in or has been in the foster care system since age 13 (or if you know anyone who matches this description) please consider joining us! Above all else, we support each other, provide resources, eat pizza, and have fun hanging out together.
Please see or contact Ms. Buss in G706 for further information.