ASB Procedures and Protocols: 2016-17
In addition to the ASB Constitution by-laws and regular ASB procedures, the following procedures and protocols must be followed:
Ticket Sales and Deadlines/Sales Cut-Offs:
All ASB and Class sponsored events that require tickets, where tickets will NOT be sold at the door to the event (i.e. Prom, designated dances, etc.), will have a firm deadline for when ticket sales will be permitted. Tickets sales must be completed two full school days prior to the event. The ONLY exception to this will be if the venue or contracted company has an earlier deadline that we must adhere to for reasons of counts, transportation, facilities, etc. This buffer of two days will allow our ASB office to organize the finances, admin to check eligibility, and student leadership to plan effectively for the event.
Fundraisers and Required Supervision:
All requested fundraisers must continue to follow the current procedures. An Event/ Fundraiser Application Packet must be filled out and submitted to the ASB office to be passed by the Student Council. Any fundraiser that involves a group of students meeting at the same place for an event/activity MUST be approved by the Administration prior to going to the Student Council. Whenever groups of students are congregating in the same place, adult supervision is required. For example, merchandise sales do not require any adult supervision other than the signature of the advisor/coach on the request for fundraiser form. However, any event such as a dance, Open Mic, etc. requires admin approval and adult supervision.
Reimbursements, Request for Account Funds, and Deposits through ASB:
Reimbursements - Any student group, club, or team with an ASB account must turn in original receipts for reimbursement and the request for reimbursement form with an advisors and student representatives signature to the ASB office within 1 week of the event. This will help us to keep more accurate records of accounts and monitor cash flow.
Requests for Funds/ Purchase Orders - If a club wishes to use funds currently in their account, they need to complete a requisition form and include the following.
- All approving signatures – Class Advisor, Student Council Representative (at the ASB meeting) and Assistant Principal must be obtained before issuing a reimbursement.
- All forms must be filled out completely, and be detailed.
- If the requisition is for entry fees, a copy of the entry form must be completed and attached.
- If the check is to be mailed with an order form, you must attach a copy of the order form along with the original form to be mailed with the check.
- Purchase Orders – Payment will not be made until the packing slip and invoice are received. Packing slips must be signed and dated after items are received and verified by the advisor for accuracy and turned in to the ASB Accountant.
Depositing funds for Club Events or from Fundraisers - Any student group, club, or team with an ASB account must deposit any money earned or collected through fundraisers/dues within 1 week of the collection.
- All deposits from Fundraisers must include a completed Deposit Form.
- Individuals/advisors/coaches should not hold on to cash or checks.
- All checks must be payable to River City High School.
- To ensure that your club account is credited for the money that was earned, please turn in all money to the bookkeeping office or an Administrator by the required deadline to be stored in a secure location.
Request for Cash Box with or without change
A Request for Cash Box form must be submitted two days prior to your event. The maximum amount of cash that you can request is $40.00. This helps to ensure that all groups needs can be met. Please make sure that the student in charge of the cash box does not leave the box unattended. Also, all monies must be deposited immediately in the bookkeeping office after sale is over. Please make sure that this is included as part of the clean-up process.
Cash Box Request 2 days prior to event, minimum
Reimbursement requests 2-week minimum
Request for Funds from Account 2-week minimum
Purchase Orders 1- week minimum
Facility Requests must be turned in to Facilities Secretary in the Main Office TWO WEEKS prior to use date for "In House Activities" (school, club, etc.) events. and at least 30 DAYS for outside community events.