Service Learning Locker
Changes for 2016 -2017 school year
1. Service Learning is no longer through the English Department.
2. Students may turn in Service Learning Early in the VP office.
3. If you need to pick up partial packets from previous years, they will be available In room 301 Tuesdays from 7:30 to 8:00 AM only.
4. If you have missing service learning and do not complete by the due date you will may not be eligible to play a sport or get your work permit.
5. DUE DATES:
12th make up November 30, 2016
12th January 5, 2017
11thFebruary 3, 2017
10th March 15, 2017
9th April 19, 2017
Answers to commonly asked questions.
- Service Learning, formally community service, is a graduation requirement.
- Each year students will be required to do 8 hours of service.
- Service Learning is turned into the Administration Office.
- The service must be done for a nonprofit company or charity group, a school, city or state agency, or a licensed nursing home or daycare.
- Just because you did not get paid does not make a placement nonprofit.
- All 8 hours should be done for one organization per year.
- You may not miss school to do service learning.
- You may work for the same organization for all four years.
- You may not do all 32 hours in one year.
- You may do the hours during the summer before it is due.
- It is considered best practice to have your place of service approved by an Assistant Principal before beginning your service to make sure the place qualifies.