Welcome to River City High School. In our new facility, students have the ability to take a number of electives and core subjects in a block schedule environment. Students attend four 90 minute classes each day and can earn a total of 80 credits a year. We have dedicated teachers and staff who are committed to the following:
- Guiding students to achieve academic excellence through a variety of courses using dynamic teaching strategies;
- Supporting students in the development of their creative potential;
- Instructing students in essential workplace skills;
- Providing a safe learning environment which fosters school success;
- Developing on-going relevant professional training to support staff excellence;
- Aligning courses to state and federal standards;
- Providing engaging curriculum that is relevant and rigorous;
- Creating strong relationships with students, families and the community;
- Increasing the amount of academic, workplace and social opportunities to grow.
River City HS is a great place to be. We welcome your input and value your participation in order to make our school a learning environment where all students are prepared to excel. As a team we understand that the high school experience in not the end goal for our young adults, but rather a step in the ladder to their future. We provide the skills needed to be successful during high school and beyond. Thank you for being a part of our family.
Katie Nemer, Principal River City High School