RIVER CITY HIGH SCHOOL BULLETIN
Thursday, February 16, 2017
- Congratulations to Joann Calderon for receiving the Respondents' Choice Award for the performance of her original monologue, Untold, at the Lenaea High School Theatre Festival this past weekend in Folsom.
- Students – Read Across America Day is on March 2nd. In celebration of Dr. Suess’ birthday and Read Across America Day, we will be taking students to read to Southport Elementary students. If you are interested in reading to classes for 1st and 2nd period on March 2, get a field trip permission slip from your English teacher or pick one up in the Assistant Principals’ office. Field Trip permission slips must be returned to the office by February 24, 2017 in order to participate.
- 11th graders: There is a meeting for 11th graders on Wednesday, February 22nd at 10 am in the cafeteria. Do not check in with your 2nd period teacher. Go directly from 1st period to the cafeteria during passing period. Administrators, counselors and Jostens will be on hand to talk to you about preparing for the SBAC test, preparing for college entrance exams and getting ready for your senior year. The meeting will take approximately 30 minutes and then you will be released to go to 2nd period.
- The River City Music Department is looking for donations of homemade or store bought cookies and cakes for the Mardi Gras crab feed on February 25th. All donations are due by February 24th in room 205 or to the office. Thank you!
- Raiders! Prom is May 20th! Win two tickets to Prom by submitting a Promposal video or picture using the hashtag #RCPROMPOSAL17. Deadline is April 18th. We will announce the winners April 21st. Good Luck!!
- Senior! This year the 2017 yearbook staff is excited to feature a double-page spread of your own pictures throughout the year. Take advantage of this opportunity soon, Space is limited. Please review the guidelines on the yearbook website before sending your pictures to the yearbook adviser, Mrs. Vellanoweth.
- Do you have spare change laying around? Well you can donate it to Pennies for Patients. It starts February 21st and ends March 3rd. The 2nd period with the most money will win pizza.
- Want to learn and practice American Sign Language? Come to the ASL Club on Thursdays during lunch. Meet in room 803 during early lunch and 707 for late lunch!
- There is a CREATE meeting after school today in room G754.
- MSA meeting Thursday in room 659.
- Command Dance Crew practice Thursdays in the dance room 3:30-5pm.
- Girls Soccer – CANCELED-
Friday- Feb 17th Wrestling- RC @ Vista Del Lago – Divisionals
Saturday-Feb 18th Wrestling- RC @ Vista Del Lago – Divisionals
NO School Friday 2/17 or Monday 2/20